Submit & Rules
1. #12MFF means 12 Month Film Festival and represents the rights, rules and property of 12 Month Film Festival;
2. A submitted entry is a submitted work, being a film or a screen writing material with their afferent details, where every submitter agrees to the #12MFF rules and rights;
3. A submitted film and/or screen writing enters the current monthly edition only and not in all the remaining monthly editions. For the remaining monthly editions the contestant has to submit separately for each month they will take place and, in the case where that submitted film or screen writing were not awarded in the final three winners of month;
4. The #12MFF yearly edition winning entry is excluded from any further #12MFF yearly events;
5. Violating the rules will result into disqualification for the actual event;
6. By submitting you agree and abide to our rules, terms and conditions;
7. #12MFF has the obligation to protect contestant’s personal data and avoid disclosing these details.
8. Any article or paragraph can be changed without a prior notice.
1. Film must be submitted as an on-line screener (Vimeo preferred) which will be embedded on the website; A trailer is optional. The film-maker/institution that is submitting the film or the screen writing must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows #12MFF to create a page for their entry without infringing copyrights of any kind of form;
2. To have the global rights available for online festival screening (including cleared rights for music);
3. All films must have been made in or after 2012 and have English subtitles (unless English is the main language spoken); A creation date does not apply in case of the screen writings from being stopped for submissions, but the submitted must be in English or have a copy translated in English;
4. We accept shorts, documentaries, animations, experimental, music videos, web and new media, commercials (all specified previously under 45 minutes); feature films and feature documentaries (any length, 45 + minutes), soundtracks and trailers*;
6. While submitting you must provide:
a) a description between 50 and 150 words for the entry page;
b) Trailer (not required for movies under 7 minutes; optional) and the film must be submitted as an on-line screener (Vimeo preferred) which may be embedded on the website for visitors to see your creation; you can further opt for modifications in your entry;
c) Cover of the film/screen writing or a defining photo;
7. Monthly winners that qualify for the April 2017 #12MFF yearly edition must provide a downloadable link of the film and further afferent materials which will be asked for, when needed and in good time; Entries that are not provided with the films and required afferent materials in good time, will be disqualified.
*The movie trailers that come with the movie are not taken into consideration for the trailers competition, unless they are submitted separately for the movie trailers competition.
III. The monthly qualification edition:
1. A monthly qualification edition means a preliminary round where only 3 winners will qualify for the April 2017 #12MFF yearly event;
2. There is a total of 11 monthly qualification editions for the April 2017 #12MFF yearly event and the first one is May 2015 qualification edition;
3. A monthly edition duration is the same with the current month number of days;
4. The submission period is open for all duration of the current month;
5. For a monthly edition to be valid, requires at least 30 entries, or it will be merged to the next monthly edition;
6. No qualification confirmation in the #12MFF is required from submitters side;
7. Only the 3 winning films that qualify for #12MFF will receive confirmation emails from #12MFF. But every author has the obligation to verify the on-line winners list in case the confirmation email was not received due to technical or any other manner of problems;
8. The winning 3 entries and nominees of a monthly edition are announced during the first 7 days of the next month;
9. By submitting your film or screen writing, you can not ask for your entry to be removed from the #12MFF database, but you can refresh your submission every month as mentioned in I.General: 3.;
10. Any submitted film for monthly edition can further qualify for our pay per view network which means an opportunity to earn from your work.
11. Every submitted screenplay will be evaluated and awarded in the Screenwriter of the month award category, besides the screenplays of official films selection of the current monthly edition.
Categories of monthly awards:
1st – Film of the Month + Diploma & Statue
2nd – Film of the Month + Diploma & Statue
3rd – Film of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Music Video of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Soundtrack of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Trailer of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Fiction of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Animation of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Experimental of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Documentary of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Feature Fiction of The Month + Diploma & Statue
Feature Documentary of The Month + Diploma & Statue
Web / New Media + Diploma & Statue
Commercial of the month + Diploma & Statue
Audience award + Diploma & Statue
Director of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Screenwriter of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Editor of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Cinematographer of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Actor of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Actress of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Producer of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Sound Designer of the Month + Diploma & Statue
Best contestant of the year (200 $) + Diploma & Statue
2nd contestant of the year (200 $) + Diploma & Statue
IV. The April 2017 #12MFF yearly grand event:
1.If your entry is selected for the Grand #12MFF, we require your press-kit for official screening;
2.The winning films of the #12MFF are announced the last day of the event’s month;
3.The #12MFF winners have a total of 30days (after the announcement day) to claim their prizes. After this period, the prizes will be revoked.
4.The grand prize and the other prizes which means money, will be decided the last 3 months before April 2017 #12MFF yearly event’s day;
5.The 1st position winner receives a 1 months display on the main slider right after the #12MFF has ended. The winner has the obligation to provide his own slide with the following details: 1280×560 png or jpg/jpeg;
6.Only the winning films will receive confirmation emails from #12MFF. But every author has the obligation to verify the on-line winners list in case the confirmation email was not received due to technical or any other manner of problems;
7.The yearly edition of #12MFF will be hold in a public venue and broadcast on-line.
Categories of yearly awards:
Movie of the year (1000 $) + Diploma and Statue
2nd Movie of the year (500 $) + Diploma and Statue
3rd Movie of the year (500 $) + Diploma and Statue
– More to come;
V. Contestants prizes:
1.Contestants prize means two awards $200 each for two contestants that accumulate the highest number of votes;
2.Voting period opens all 12th month (April 2017) where films can be voted on their page;
3.For voting qualifies all films submitted for 2017 #12MFF monthly edition.
4.Only winning films will receive confirmation emails from #12MFF. But every author has the obligation to verify the on-line winners list in case the confirmation email was not received due to technical or any other manner of problems;
5.The two winning movies will be announced right at the end of the exit-pool (exit-pool is before the #12MFF award day).
VI. #12MFF services:
1.The #12MFF services include the lines found in VI #12MFF services: 2. and 3. and they have no order limit;
2.Film Review, Film Improvement Support, Film Trailer, Film synopsis & Tagline, Web-Design, Graphic Design and their afferent details which can be found in the afferent order page;
3.Gifts services, including the Trophy and a certificate;
4.An order is valid the moment pay was made;
5.All orders have a buffer period specific for their order type which is equal to the execution and shipping period;
6.Revoked or cancelled orders by the buyer who already pay for, are not refunded and also cannot be re-activated, where a new order pay must be placed; A revoked or cancelled order is automatically deleted from the execution database;
7.A buyer can opt for other services which are not yet mentioned but can be honoured by the #12MFF;
8.#12MFF assumes no resposability for shipping of products, which is the shipping companies issue;
8.By placing an order, the buyer will abide to #12MFF rules lines in VI #12MFF services.
By entering your film for consideration for the 12 Months Film Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 12 Months Film Festival. The 12 Months Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the 12 Months Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The 12 Months Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. The 12 Months Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.